- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it. Once a wish has been granted, it will be crossed off my list.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
The things I want
- A new job/Capital to launch the bookshop
- My car fixed
- To be able to say 'no' to my sister
- More hours in the day
- *g* okay, really? I'd love some really good quality screencaps of the spell in Primevil so that I can at least see what the 'Animus' card looks like...
- Failing that (or even as well as - if you're feeling generous!), a banner or background for the new B/X site
- Faith fic which is in character. (Doesn't have to be shippy or if it is it doesn't have to be F/X - so long as it's believable and in character.)
- Good Firefly fic.
- Feedback. Not for me (unless you want to) but if you read a fic or see a video or graphic that you like, let the author/artist know. Even if all you say is "Cool!", you'd be amazed how much of a difference that makes!
edit Bugger! Sites are down again... Working on it...
second edit God! Well seeing it's pantomime season... "Sites are down again..." "Oh no they're not!"
Edit again... Go on, chorus along with me. "Oh Yes They Are!" - no clue what's up, working on it.