Am insanely busy right now which is bizarre 'cause I had nothing to do at work all day. But this was too tempting - meme lifted from naol and alixtii
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18 and find line 4.
"acknowledgment of the superior qualities of a desired text but also"
Want the context? You know you do.... "Such an account requires not simply an acknowledgement of the superior qualities of a desired text but also a public rejection of the low standards of the 'silly and childish offerings' that fall outside of the fan canon." (Yup, I'm re-reading a book about fandom. *g* "Textual Poachers: Television Fans and Participatory Culture" by Henry Jenkins)
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, what do you find?
Empty space. The centre of my living room. If you're looking for an actual object I can just about reach my guitar from here.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
TV's on just now - Futurama.
4. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
5. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
I just got in from work so I guess what I was doing was walking from the car to the front door. In about a half hour I'm going to take Dram for a walk. What? I go outside - honest!
6. Before starting this survey, what did you look at?
Was reading my flist so LJ...
7. What are you wearing?
Jeans, T-shirt that says "Warning, the influence of alcohol may cause this person to think they can sing." Biker boots, my glasses. Why?
8. Did you dream last night?
I dream all the time - when I sleep that is. Don't remember them much.
9. When did you last laugh?
I laughed at David's lame-ass joke at work yesterday. "Two fish in a tank, one turns to the other and says 'do you know how to drive this thing?'" Lame, but I laughed.
10. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Right in front of me a signed picture of the season three Buffy cast. On my immediate right, a framed Once More With Feeling poster. Behind me a mirror, candle sconces, a katana. On the opposite wall a black and white photograph of sand dunes. And on the final wall, five photographs from conventions (actually looking at them, these are all from Serenity and Serenity Squared) and a Star Wars Phantom Menace poster (what? The film sucks but the poster's cool!)
Yes, I'm a geek.
11. Seen anything weird lately?
Lemme think... I work in a university and it's not term time. Yes, I've seen lots of weird things...
12. What do you think of this quiz?
S'alright I guess.
13. What is the last film you saw?
Garden State on DVD the other day.
14. If you turned a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
The lease on my book shop.
15. Tell me something about you that I don't know.
I was runner up in a Festival Princess contest when I was 14. (was told I looked a little old to be the 'princess' but I should try the next year for the title of 'queen'. I didn't.)
16. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt and politics, what would you do?
Oh - politics. One thing? I guess I'd say... the dependence on money. And I know that sounds insanely idealistic and unworkable, and maybe it is.
17. Do you like to dance?
Surprisingly, yes. I'm a crap dancer though.
Make up your own question 18...
19. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Not planning on having kids, but if I did I'd probably name her Sarah. It was my gran's name.
20. Imagine your first child is a boy, what would you call him?
Russell. Or Mitchell. (Family surnames)
21. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Yes, so long as I could come back to Scotland.
22. What would you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
I'm.... not sure how to answer this so I'm not going to. Sorry.