- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. The hosting plan for moments lost is due for renewal in August and as it stands there's no way I can afford to renew it. If you'd like to help out with the hosting bills, you can donate here. Thank you.
2. This past month or so I've been struggling to heat my house and it's made me think about people who have no option but to live with this cold. Please donate to a homeless charity and/or shelter - your time and support is as important as money. Shelter (UK) and The Salvation Army are two nationwide charities which do amazing work in this field, but there are plenty local organisations who also need your support.
3. And it's not just the people. The SSPCA (Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) is not part of the RSPCA and as such when you donate to the latter the money is not spent in Scotland. Both charities do awesome work in rescuing neglected, abandonded and mistreated animals. Please remember them. (As do the Cats Protection League, the Dogs Trust, the Blue Cross and the PDSA to name but a few.)
4. Selfish wishes start here: Leverage DVDs. Especially season 1 because I had to take it off my hard drive to stop my computer keeling over.
5. Presents to give my nephews and nieces at Christmas. I know me being there is the important thing, but try explaining that to my maudlin side.
6. SPN s5 DVDs (Again took it off my hard drive, but I didn't back it up to disk first.)
7. Broadband internet in my house.
8. The Folklore of Discworld
9. Winter boots. I mostly wear desert boots and my long-standing Cat boots have finally split along the sole :(. (Size: 6(UK), 39(Eur), 7(US))
10. Faith/Xander fic or graphics!
*hugs you all*
Please link me to your wish lists as well!